(the following blog has been posted with ♥ by Grace )
(Photography credit: Joel Leake)
Today is Rachel’s 23rd birthday and, in an ode of sorts, I have compiled a list of 23 random facts about her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL!!!
1. She is a private chef.
2. She is a part time Barista and her lattes are better than Starbucks.
3. She is a photographer.
4. She is a gymnast (photographic proof available).
5. She is a customer service woman for 3 companies.
6. She is a packer/shipper for 2 companies.
7. She does not work outside the home for any of the aforementioned.
8. She has an uncanny ability to read minds.
She is a cowgirl at heart – ooops! that one wasn’t s’posed to get out.
10. She has nerves of steel. Proof: She once drove a shuttle bus from Missouri to Kentucky – and back again – with no prior experience.
11. She is highly tolerant to pain. Proof: She contracted “chicken pox” last year and was still able to read my mind and make me a latte from scratch (see #2 and #8)
12. She is fluent in both HTML and CSS.
13. She will give you her honest opinion when you ask for it. (note: just be prepared for the truth)
14. She is a cheerleader for the LFCS (Leake Family Christian School)
15. She has also, in previous years, been a kindergarten teacher for the LFCS.
16. She is a fantastic bread maker (and she doesn’t use a machine)
17. She doesn’t like shopping, unless its for groceries.
18. Craft stores make her yawn.
19. She’s the only girl in the family with naturally curly hair.
20. Her nervous habit is smiling (trust me on this one, that is a good nervous habit to have)
21. She likes doughnuts.
22. She loves the Lord.
23. It’s her BIRTHDAY today!!!
In honor of keeping it real, I leave you with my favorite picture of Rachel. This was taken during the swine flu “pandemic” of 2009.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.